Questions & Information -
510.799.1456  Fax - E-mail Submissions
Facts And Tips About Our Registration Service
© Copyright 2009-2018
ASAP Lien Sales
All Rights Reserved
How Long Does It Take?
Whether you call us, email us, or stop in the office, most transaction only take about 5-10 minutes. We now offer Instant processing on many transactions which means that your plates, stickers, and registration are issued instantly on the spot.
Do I Need A Smog Certificate?
For gas powered vehicles, smog certificates are required for most (but not all) transfers of ownership and renewals. There are exceptions, but the following cover most situations:
l    For a transfer of ownership, you do not need a smog if the vehicle is older than 1976 or             less than 5 years old.
l    For a renewal, you are exempt if the vehicle is older than 1976 or less than 7 years old.            Also, for a renewal, a smog certificate is required every other year.
Is The Seller Or Buyer Responsible For Providing The Smog Certificate?
It is negotiable on a used vehicle purchase, that being said, the seller is required to provide a smog certificate at the time of sale unless a smog was done for a renewal within the last 90 days. Smog certificated are valid for 90 days.
I Just Moved Here From Another State. How Soon Do I Need To Register My Vehicle And Can You Help Me?
Yes, To avoid penalties, it's very important that you start the registration processing within 20 days of the date the vehicle enters California.
How Long Do I Have To Transfer Ownership Of A Vehicle That Was Just Purchased?
If you bought a vehicle with a California title, you need to start the transfer process within 30 days to avoid penalties. if you bought a vehicle with a title from another state, you have 20 days.
How Much Does Registration Cost?
Every transaction is different and there is no way to tell until we see your paperwork.
Can You Process Permanent Trailer Plates?
Yes, DMV charges $38.00 (plus tax if transferring ownership) and they are good for five years.
What Kind Of Vehicles Can You Register?
We can register any vehicle except "Off Road Only" vehicles. Cars, Trucks, Boats, Trailers, RV's, and more.
Can You Do A Vin Inspection?
Yes, we can inspect your vin at out location or we can come to you if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.
How Much Do You Charge?
Our fees are quite reasonable. most transactions will run about $29 to $49.00. If you are an industry related business, or have an ASAP Lien Sale Account, you are eligible for special discounts.
Notice To Customer. ASAP Lien Sales are licensed to provide registration service to the public, but our company is NOT a branch of the Department of Motor Vehicles.
A Better Way To Do Lien Sales
Have questions?  Need help?  Call us at:
Add this page to your favorites.